Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger Challenge {She Sells Seashells}



So, first off {Happy Birthday} to me! I am officially 27! Boy that Big 3-0 is sneaking up on me fast! I had an excellent birthday. I spent the day with my family at a craft fair, shopping, and eating dinner! Got lots of excellent presents and had a relaxing day overall! {Will post later with my craft fair finds!}

My card for today is the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger {She Sells Seashells} I absolutely {LOVED} this trigger photo {Click here to see for yourself}. I used some Navy blue striped PP {to pull in those delicious nautical cuff links} and Pink Cardstock as a base. Both were a little too heavily saturated with color to reflect how soft and delicate the colors in the picture were so I covered both with a sheet of {The paper company Translucent Vellum} to soften them up a bit. I used that ornate white at the top to bring in the elegant ornate edge of the white tray in the photo. After looking through the submissions already posted I found out I was not the only one who was very inspired by the gold and pearl seashell charm bracelet- So, { I made my own} I built the whole thing and then spray painted it all gold some cheap brass chain, with little brass seashells some larger craft shells and some round shell beads. I held the whole thing in place by putting gold spray painted brads through each end of the {charm bracelet} I added a lot to this one because I loved how thick the bracelet was. I noticed in the trigger photo that there were little Chinese fortune cookie slips on the tray so I chose a sentiment that would read like a fortune cookie fortune saying. Another favorite part of mine was the extra little bit of chain with the shell dangling from the corner bow. Not sure if it can compete in the tough paper crafts market but I think it is pretty damn {Moxie FAB!}
Here is a close up of the {Charm Bracelet}

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...I love the way you pulled in the look of the bracelet from the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete